Render Acceleration..?????

ntptorres

:?Hi....theres a way to accelerated the Renders in autocad 2010...

I have W7 Pro 64 bit with 500GB of HD and 8GB of Memory.....

Are you asking? or telling us?

:DIm asking my friend....How can I accelerated renders in autocad 2010

autocad make the render in Windows Bitmap image so...how can I accelerated the render...??? thats my QUESTION.....!!!!

Can you post a screenshot of what you are rendering and what is your render time? I think you're computer has a very good specs (compared to mine).

you can overclock your cpu and memory, better using ffreeze/ watwer cooling, Do you made changes at render setting-> lightning, shadow...? may be there are some incredibles numbers

The thing that slows down my renders a lot are the fact that I use a lot of different lights with attenuation calculations. If I switch them to no "attenuation" it's a strong speed boost.

Another factor for me is the Shadow types in the light options for each light.. if I use "Shadow volumes/ray-traced shadows" it runs faster for me, and I prefer the shadow appearance that way anyways, due to how I use my lights.

I tend to get an even stronger boost that way.

The other thing is the shape complexity.. As you gain experience, you'll learn to model only the stuff that's going to be visible in the finished render (almost like rendering facades).

You'll also be able to use modified image textures to cheat lights (called "image baking") and how to avoid making tiny little details in 3d that you can put onto the textures themselves.

My BIGGEST speed increase comes when I do "Post work". Post work means post production work, which means I do some touching-up in photoshop (or GIMP a camparable image editor, but free) after I render stuff.

I used to model every seam, with like small edge chamfers and fillets to be more realistic, but the extra faces cost processing time. Eventually, I stopped doing that, and simply added seam lines accurately in Paintshop Pro (my image editor of choice, due to price, and my non-awareness of GIMP at the time).

Low poly count.

One of the biggest keys to fast rendering is low poly count. If you place a cube in your scene and hit render, it will finish in about 1 second. But if you place a tree next to that cube and hit render, it may take 1 minute. And if you place 10 trees next to that cube it may take 10 minutes to render because trees are very complex and poly heavy models. So, if you are rendering the front of a building, there is no reason to model details on the back side because they will never be seen. Only model what you need.

If you want fast render times, you need a decent computer and you need to optimize your models so that you have the fewest poly faces that you can get away with. If your models are overly complex and highly detailed, you can expect longer render times. Use materials, whenever possible, to simulate detail. From a distance you cannot tell the difference between a mapped material and modeled geometry.

Shiny and reflective materials, like chrome or mirrors, will increase render times since reflections have to be calculated.

Shadows also increase render times because of the calculations involved. And when you couple shadows along with a high poly model, like a tree, the render time increases even more because of the extra calculations involved.

Bump maps and displacement maps increase render times also, so if you can get away with it, don't use these maps. Like if you have a brick wall that's far away from the camera, there is absolutely no reason to bump map that wall. You are just needlessly increasing your render time.

Other things to consider are image size and render quality. How big does your rendered image really need to be and how good does the quality have to be? Can you get away with an 8-1/2" x 11" image at medium quality or do you need something that's poster size at very high, presentation quality?

There are too many variables to really get into and tell you definitively that this is what you have to do. Every project is different and every project requires a different approach. Different lighting, different materials, etc. Figuring out what works is something that comes with experience, so just start experimenting to see what works and what doesn't work.

Experimentation and practice are the best way to learn, in my opinion.