Inserting a JPEG image into cad

chris_ward

I am working on a drawing and my boss wants me to put the company logo in the corner of the picture. Im really struggling to do this. I've done some reading up on the net and read that i must covert it from JPEG to DXF then from DXF to DWG. Which i have done and inserted.. But, the picture looks nothing alike the logo as it is just lines, can insert it with the colours etc?

If not how can i plot my cad drawing and print the logo on the same page, to right hand side of my drawing forexample.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

IMAGEATTACH comes up as unknown command. il try and atach a screenshot of how i want the image to print and how its appearing once ive converted it.

in the "insert" pulldown menu pick the option 'raster image refference'.

Thats the one i use most of the time.

Do beware that it is just a reference sso if you send the file (away from server env.) it will not display (aka be gone)

btw. if you have converted civil (like me) to ACAD you have the 'Map' pulldown there is somthing similar there, the first under the 'Image' sub-division

it also allows you tu use more extension then .jpg ( .bmp .tiff )

You will probably want to remove the frame from the image also.

After sizing your image:

Modify> Image> Frame> Off>

I haven't used 2000 for years, you might have different commands but, you

can put the image in the drawing.

Some images aren't too great. You might, if not too involved, try drawing over your

image. Then, remove the image.

Thanks for the replys guys, iv managed to insert it now. i used the OLE option after a bit of playing around. sorted :)

Thanks for the replys guys, iv managed to insert it now. i used the OLE option after a bit of playing around. sorted :)

Olé! The old OLE option! Good you found it yourself!

Welcome to the forums!

Olé!

IMAGEATTACH comes up as unknown command.

Are you using Autocad LT?

IMAGEATTACH is not available in versions of Autocad LT previous to 2009.

I *inserted* and traced our company logo and used different colors of hatch to sort-out the colored-in portions. Luckily, it was a basic logo, and not full of light flare spots or gradients.. just solid colors.

I prefer doing it that way because if I send the drawing file somewhere, I don't have to include logo image files along with it.

Once I finished, we suddenly realized that having the logo in vector format opened a lot of doors for us. With some minor modifications, we used the file to put big logos on the company trucks by using some CNC vinyl services. We also put it on the mirrored glass doors of the front of the building.

We got a bunch of imprinted items too, for sales gimmicks. Currently, there's a discussion of getting some t-shirts done with it too. All because I didn't want to attach an image file if I sent-out drawings somewhere (which we rarely ever do anyways).

I consider it a happy accident.

imageattach --> is a reference, u dont acctually insert the file/logo in the drawing. so if you mail to someone else it will read in the frame the path of the drawing file like c:\....\images\file.jpg

or if you remove the ffile from its (to a different) path/location. It will also disappear from yuour .DWG

The other one does actually insert into the drawing e.a. no worriez when mailling but bigger file size

imageattach --> is a reference, u dont acctually insert the file/logo in the drawing. so if you mail to someone else it will read in the frame the path of the drawing file like c:\....\images\file.jpg

or if you remove the ffile from its (to a different) path/location. It will also disappear from yuour .DWG

The other one does actually insert into the drawing e.a. no worriez when mailling but bigger file size

Cool beans. Thanks. Boy, I am amazed at the fundamental stuff I don't know about this software. I guess it comes from learning the tool bar button method from the gitgo.:?

Cool beans. Thanks. Boy, I am amazed at the fundamental stuff I don't know about this software. I guess it comes from learning the tool bar button method from the gitgo.:?

Yup, goes for me too,learned 2008 work with 2010. furtunantly i have al lot of older colleges who swear by the old input version. and i too was amazed of the dept this program has. never the less i do find the 'right-click-menu-method'combined with the 'Aliases' the best way for me.

• 3 years later...

This is what works for me!

1) In AutoCAD, run the INSERTOBJ command.

2) Choose “Create New”, then choose “Bitmap Image”

3) Next, Paint should open up.

4) In Paint, choose the Edit menu, then PasteFrom

5) Select your existing image file (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, etc).

6) While still in Paint, Choose File, then Exit and Return to AutoCAD. (Should show the drawing number of the file your working on)

This is what works for me!

1) In AutoCAD, run the INSERTOBJ command.

2) Choose “Create New”, then choose “Bitmap Image”

3) Next, Paint should open up.

4) In Paint, choose the Edit menu, then PasteFrom

5) Select your existing image file (JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, etc).

6) While still in Paint, Choose File, then Exit and Return to AutoCAD. (Should show the drawing number of the file your working on)

This is correct method to insert image file as OLE object.... Best advantage is it doesn't keep any reference by XREF to main image file of your system directory....