Autolisp to draw elbow 45

Tharwat

Hello everybody,

I have made an Autolisp file to draw elbow in 90 degree but this one in

45 degrees make me crazy with some funtions that could not reach its directed location.

I hope that anyone could help and it would highly appreciated.

Tharwat

elbow 45.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Buzzard

• Tharwat

• Lee Mac

• Tankman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

That looks great but I need only a part of it I mean the Elbow 45, so how helhful you are?

I would like to know.

Best regards,

Tharwat

I am not asking you personally mr Lee Mac I mean my question is forwarded to all

sweethearted people in general.

Tharwat

Professional AutoCAD MEP Draftsman

Thanks Buzzard, It has a dialog interface with many options - its a shame I cannot share it :(

Thats Ok, I have my own cruddy duct program.

But yours is the coolest. I am very impressed.

Hello everybody,

I have made an Autolisp file to draw elbow in 90 degree but this one in

45 degrees make me crazy with some funtions that could not reach its directed location.

I hope that anyone could help and it would highly appreciated.

Tharwat

tharwat313,

The attached program just does elbows. It was a program I had tinkered with before I did my RMD.lsp as seen in my signature below.

If anything the program may give you some idea how to do this for yourself.

I think you should enquire about Lee's program all the same. It looks well worth it.

ELBOW.lsp

Here is another copy of the previous program I posted except this time it uses a list for the angles instead of lots of variables. Hope this make it easier for you.

This one is called ELBOW2.lsp

Type ELBOW2 to start.

If this does not suit you, Please post your program and maybe we can locate your specific problem.

It is hard to give an answer to a vague question. You are not giving enough details about the problem.

ELBOW2.lsp

I do not know how to thank you Mr buzzard, you have been doing very kindly

and nicely that really touch me inside.

your tow Autolisps files are great, but usually I do not need that long information to draw an elbow altough that is more than marvelous.

here is one of the Autolisp files that I made, and it does help me a lot in mechanical plans, so I tried to make an autolisp file as well but in 45 degees and unfortuntly I could not.

So I hope that you would have time to help me to with it.

Your sincerly

Tharwat

Professional AutoCAD Draftsman

elbow.lsp

I do not know how to thank you Mr buzzard, you have been doing very kindly

and nicely that really touch me inside.

your tow Autolisps files are great, but usually I do not need that long information to draw an elbow altough that is more than marvelous.

here is one of the Autolisp files that I made, and it does help me a lot in mechanical plans, so I tried to make an autolisp file as well but in 45 degees and unfortuntly I could not.

So I hope that you would have time to help me to with it.

Your sincerly

Tharwat

Professional AutoCAD Draftsman

I can see that you are doing it in line and arc segments. The lisp I supplied you with is done as a closed polyline. Also the file sets layers, linetypes and colors. It is also doing the elbow at different angles that you can select. Insulation option is also in there as well and error trapping plus user settings. That why it looks so big to you. I thought you could review that and take what was needed. Since you are doing this a bit different I will take a look and see what I can find in your program. I will get back to you later.

Ok, Here is a compact version.

No layers set and no looping. Just a 45 degree elbow with a choice of Left or Right direction and choice of Sizing. I left the error trapping in as this is best. The elbow is constructed as a closed polyline. Better as one object than lots of loose pieces. The elbow can be inserted in any direction. Program has metric defaults and will remember the last entries. You may modify this program to your likings.

If you have any questions I will answer them.

See attached.

Program Name ELB45.lsp

Type ELB45 to start.

ELB45.zip

Here is a second method as I had shown earlier using a list to store the angles and reduce a set of calculations.

Program Name ELB45-2.lsp

Type ELB45-2 to start.

ELB45-2.zip

That's really great Buzzard.

I do thank You Mr.Buzzard you have been more than helpful, and with reference to my program elbow, that was not only lines and arcs actually it is polyline as well, and I know that is just alittle bit poor of functions ,but it is such a big thing to me at least because I have learned that depending on my on self completely.

Your way of dealing with lisp is very smart and the elbow programes are very strong.

will be in touch.

My Best regards

Tharwat

Hi Lee,

Looking good that lisp!

But how come I have never seen that from you? I mean I believe I have seen allmost every lisp you put on the forum but his one is new for me.

And that it is not freeware, I can understand but had not seen it in "your toolbox".

Okay now,

CU.

That's really great Buzzard.

I do thank You Mr.Buzzard you have been more than helpful, and with reference to my program elbow, that was not only lines and arcs actually it is polyline as well, and I know that is just alittle bit poor of functions ,but it is such a big thing to me at least because I have learned that depending on my on self completely.

Your way of dealing with lisp is very smart and the elbow programes are very strong.

will be in touch.

My Best regards

Tharwat

You are welcome Tharwat,

All I did was remove all the extra coding from the original code I posted. If you find something there you do not understand, I will be happy to explain it.

Good Luck With Your Coding,

The Buzzard

Hi Lee,

Looking good that lisp!

But how come I have never seen that from you? I mean I believe I have seen allmost every lisp you put on the forum but his one is new for me.

And that it is not freeware, I can understand but had not seen it in "your toolbox".

Okay now,

CU.

Hi Marco,

I created it relatively recently, and, as it is not freeware, I didn't see the point of posting it on the forum since the code is not available - so this may be deemed as advertising I suppose.

I would add that it is for sale, so those who are interested may contact me :)

Lee