• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• varuninnz

• bhamze

• waybay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

your welcome john. There is a link to the images on page 8 i believe and the actual images were uploaded on page 10. You should be able to right click and Save As from there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

This is an awesome tutorial.

Thank you for your effort.

Can you make video tutorial of this car, or maybe another car?

It will be much easier to understand your technique.

I am not planning on making a video tutorial for this for two reasons. Its a lot of time and the file would be huge. There is an audi r8 video tutorials that you can purchase for $87 but my approach to teaching this is different. This tutorial isnt aimed at a beginner but more of a user who has a good grasp on surfacing and this is more of a nudge on how to deal with the blue prints and 3d curves. Im happy to answer any questions I can but im sorry there are no plans for a video version.

Here is a downloadable pdf file.

https://forum.solidworks.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/181909-57408/2010%20Camaro%20Body%20Tutorial.pdf

Thanks, for the pdf file.

I study Industrial design, and i would like to model my own car, after i learn your tutorial.

How can i make the blueprints for the car that i'm going to design?

Is there any method for making blueprints of nonexisting car, or in other words, a car that is just drawn on a paper?

Most factory service manuals will have decent blue print images. You can use pictures as well but pictures have distortion because of the perspective and are a little harder to deal with. What car is it? There are a lot of blueprints out there.

I see that i didn't explain it well.

I wan't to make car sketchs freehand, and the car that i'll draw and it would be a new car, nonexisting one, i'd like to model it in Solidworks. How can i start modeling, do i need precize blueprints or there is another method?

You dont need blueprints but they will certainly help. its in your best interest to draw 4 views. Top, side, front, back. Even if you dont follow them. Without some sort of reference it will be really easy for you to get lost. Im sure if this is your project you will need to start with some basic sketches anyways. Once you have them drawn you can scan them in as jpeg and use them as sketch pictures just like the blueprints.

• 12 years later...

Hi Matthew, I have been trying to download your tutorial on the Camaro car but I have been having no luck. Is it possible to share a downloadable link again? I know it has been over a decade since you created the tutorial, but a long shot is a long shot.