2010 Camaro Tutorial

shift1313

Bill, I didnt want to keep cluttering up your thread so I figured I would just start a new one for the model I am creating. Im putting in time here and there but I havent been able to sit down and put a ton of time into it yet. The document so far is 37 pages and about 5000words :glare: and I only have this done. It's a word document now but after I finish im going to use this thread to detail everything(hopefully).

ScreenShot1.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• varuninnz

• bhamze

• waybay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had some free time and managed to put a little more into the model. If anyone is reading this, the tutorial is going to be for the body only. At this point I am not planning on doing a write up for all the detail work, but that may change. Id say im about 40% done. Its taking a lot more time, but I am writing every step of the way, even the parts that need to be re-done and gone over. This is my first time drawing this car so it should be an accurate assesment of problems encountered(i hope).

ScreenShot2.jpg

Looking good!! Cant wait to read the tutorial, thanks for putting in the time. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate and benefit from your hard work. Now..........get back to work :)

Took a little time off work to play around. Got a bit more done. Should have some big progress and hopefully finish up this weekend. Document is now about 70 pages and 8500 words. Its going to be a long sit down for anyone who wants to tackle it:)

ScreenShot3.jpg

Thanks Tony. Id like to get some opinions on the best way to present this because it is a lot of information. Would you guys like it laid out in post form here, or should i try to host it on a site somewhere(maybe this one)? The document right now is 16mb. I think by the time its done it will be closer to 50mb.

Making progress. I got about 4hrs in today so far. Not sure if ill come back up to work later or not. 166 pages and 14000 words and counting.

ScreenShot5.jpg

I got a really late start today on the model(about 2hrs ago) but im making good progress. I just finished the hood and mirrored the body to make sure I had my hard body lines. I just thought I would put up a render.

ScreenShot6.jpg

Well I didnt get much more done on the model. I was fighting with the rear bumper for awhile and unfortunately I have to put it away for today probably. Did two more quick renders though.

ScreenShot7.jpg

ScreenShot8.jpg

I decided to head back up to work and put a little more time in. Another 2 hrs and voila. There are a few issues with the model I need to work out. Once I got to the rear bumper I stopped typing the tutorial because it was just taking so much time. At this point ill finish the body then go back and fill in the tutorial and post it.

ScreenShot12.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot14.jpg

ScreenShot15.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot11.jpg

As soon as I can get it done:) Im going to try to work on it after work a few days this week, but worst case I will have to finish it next weekend. I am probably going to have to break it up into multiple parts in order to post it. Probably 100 sections or more so its a considerable time investment to get it online that way. As it stands there are over 300 features. Each feature has as many as 4 or 5 curves. Each curve can have 2 sketches. Basically there are a lot of screen shots:)

ScreenShot18.jpg

Making a little progress here and there, but I have been pretty busy so far and havent had a chance to work on it much. Im still having a few issues with some surfaces that I havent been able to address yet. Specifically where the A and C pillars meet the body it wont let me knit those surfaces together. This means I can't fillet them and smooth the edges out.

I think what I have decided to do is release the "guidelines" through this post once I fix the problems with the body. Then in later installments ill makes posts outlining things like the door handles, mirrors, tail lights and trim etc.

ScreenShot19.jpg

ScreenShot20.jpg

Im making good progress today. Ive been at it for 3 or 4 hrs. Spent most of that time filling in the blanks of the document. Split all the panels and made reveal seams for the door. Still have to do the hood, trunk, and bumpers. Make a few more holes for things like the fog lights, marker lights, door handles, mirrors and im sure ill find another thing or two that I missed. I have to put it away for now but i may come back in a few hours. I still hope to start uploading some stuff tonight. Its 300 pages and about 20,000 words at the moment.

Here is another render with all the seams cut.

ScreenShot23.jpg

Thanks Tony. Well I didnt make it back last night and I tried to connect to my work computer so I could start posting stuff but it wouldnt let me for some reason. Probably network updates, but today is a new day:)