How to put a customized part into the "Place from Content Center"

CAnnondale

Hi Guys,

I have another query. I have a part that is always been use in our projects. It is called "CD STUDS" Capasitor Discharge Studs. Since, most of the project we use more than 100 CD Studs and would be easier for me if I can just put it on the "Place from Content Center".

How do I do it. Let say I want to put it on the Fastener+Bols = name it CD Studs.

Place Content Center Part.jpg

Step 1: Make sure your project reads that you have a writable library, if not create one.

Step 2: Go to your CC Editor in Inventor

Step 3: Copy the Structure of your existing library over to the writable library (usually called My Library)

Step 4: Start the Publish Part command in your part to add it to the Fasteners Category

6-3-2010 8-01-15 AM.jpg

6-3-2010 8-00-08 AM.png

6-3-2010 8-02-18 AM.png

6-3-2010 8-06-20 AM.jpg

@Mark - Thanks for the assistance. BTW, after I invoke the Publish Part and add it to the Fasteners Category "I was succesfull). I did tried to Place from Content Center feature but, it does not allow me to do the "AutoDrop" functions. How do I make it to have that functionality.

I have attached an example of the "AutoDrop" function I was referring too.

AutoDrop.jpg

The Autodrop functionality only works with iParts that are configured EXACTLY to match the category parameters of the Content Center category structure that they are assigned to. So if you made your own bolt and placed it into a folder other than fasteners or didn't properly publish the ipart for Autodrop (actually sort of difficult), then the functionality will not exist.

If you like the functionality of the multiple face drop and insert, Kwikmcad.com has a nice add in called Kwiksert that does this for normal parts.

• 1 month later...
The Autodrop functionality only works with iParts that are configured EXACTLY to match the category parameters of the Content Center category structure that they are assigned to. So if you made your own bolt and placed it into a folder other than fasteners or didn't properly publish the ipart for Autodrop (actually sort of difficult), then the functionality will not exist.

If you like the functionality of the multiple face drop and insert, Kwikmcad.com has a nice add in called Kwiksert that does this for normal parts.

Hi Mark,

I have DL the trial version of the Kwiksert, How? exactly the step to do it. I have tried selecting the Bolt edge, then the hole then the face. But, nothing happens. Do you have any idea on how to do it correctly...

I believe you actually have to start a command that does the insertion, and not just grab the bolt. Its been a while since I used that add in because I haven't had the need for it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, sorry to bump such an old thread, but i am looking to do more or less exactly this but on a slightly bigger scale.

what i want to achieve is to:

1) Create a category in the category view tree (where the existing categorie are like structural shapes) called "our content" for example.

2) add "sub categories" like "base plate assemblies", "bolt assemblies", etc.

3) then obviously link these catogries to the libraries containg our pre fabbed assemblies.

i have been looking around for a while on the net now and this is the closest thing i can find for this kind of thing. ( i am REALLY bad at finding things on the net to for the record so i may have overlooked something and not realised it) i am happy to do teh reading if it is already posted somewhere and someone can point me in the right direction.

all help is greatly appreciated. :)