Pasting drawing into Word

jenks

What should be a simple copy and paste action has become a couple of hours of manipulation, to-ing and fro-ing and enormous frustration.

Word 2007 has an insert object/autocad lt file option. This opens a new autocad window (I am using Acad Lt 2011). You can paste your desired object into the new window. It seems that you then have to adjust this image to somewhere near your word page size, then move the image to fill the left hand side of the screen. In the file menu you can then update word.

The trouble is that the after you save the word doc, the pasted image is postage stamp sized and elongated. You can then stretch and generally manipulate the image using a combination of handles and tab functions to return it to somewhere near its former glory.

Now double click the word image and you are transported back to the autocad drawing. Make a change and hey presto, when you return to word the image is massive!!! Then, for some strange and mystical reason and without warning, if you are really lucky, it will right itself some minutes later!

This is ridiculous! There must be a bug affecting the interaction between these two pieces of software.

Does anyone know of this? Three of us have messed around with it and cannot get it to work properly. :x

What should be a simple copy and paste action has become a couple of hours of manipulation, to-ing and fro-ing and enormous frustration.

Word 2007 has an insert object/autocad lt file option. This opens a new autocad window (I am using Acad Lt 2011). You can paste your desired object into the new window. It seems that you then have to adjust this image to somewhere near your word page size, then move the image to fill the left hand side of the screen. In the file menu you can then update word.

The trouble is that the after you save the word doc, the pasted image is postage stamp sized and elongated. You can then stretch and generally manipulate the image using a combination of handles and tab functions to return it to somewhere near its former glory.

Now double click the word image and you are transported back to the autocad drawing. Make a change and hey presto, when you return to word the image is massive!!! Then, for some strange and mystical reason and without warning, if you are really lucky, it will right itself some minutes later!

This is ridiculous! There must be a bug affecting the interaction between these two pieces of software.

Does anyone know of this? Three of us have messed around with it and cannot get it to work properly. :x

I think you are going the wrong way about it :wink:

If you just want an image then have you tried using the publish to web .pc3 files such as publish to png or jpeg, to create an image file. If you do it that way then you have control over the lineweights/colour etc as you use a ctb or stb plotstyle, in the same way you do when sending to a physical plotter.

Then just insert the png or jpeg as you would any other image, like a photo.

Of course I could be misunderstanding what you are asking.:unsure:

I usually just use the Print Screen key when in the drawing in autocad, paste to Word. Then I crop the junk off the edges, if need be, and stretch and massage until it is the right size.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestions.

The method I described although lengthy and frustrating actually produces very good results. Pdfs turn to charcoal when manipulated in size or are too faint.

It just strikes me that two compatible programs which are as commonly used as this should have sorted out a minimal and reliable copy and paste method. After all, what we are doing here is very commonly done for technical specs and reports. Ho-hum.