Faceting and digital ripping in render output

hurtin_albertan

Hey everyone, first time poster!

I seem to have a problem with faceting on curved objects in final output. I noticed that the rendering portion has been somewhat updated for 2011 - so I built a couple wine glasses for a little rendering test. Is this just related to arc circle smoothness in the options? why are the curves not smooth?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Please see attached pic

Hurtin Albertan

wine_glasses_blue_marble_2.jpg

Hello,

In performance settings, in manual performance tuning set surfaces and curves to max, also set rendered object smoothness to "10" points in display tab of options.

Ahh, that makes sense! thanks. how do I access the performance settings? Is this in the render options?

Just type "3dconfig" in command prompt. In the window find manual tune (right) and there is that two rules. (I like the wine in the glass - its like jelly ... you can leave that ;) )

ah! 3dconfig! I knew there was a command I was missing! -- things look much better now!

Yah, it does look like jelly actually - some sort of fancy wine jello shooter. I got some other glassware and liquids goin now that look way more pro - thanks for the help