Doesnt accept printer in Win7

Timmy

Hi !

I just installed AC2011 on the windows7 and this appears when I try to choose the printer (HP1200)

AutoCAD Warning

Note: This plotter configuration cannot be used for one of these reasons: the driver cannot be found, the device cannot be found, or the driver has a problem. The none plot device has been substituted.

Printing in other programs works great. And printing with AC2011 in WinXP works great as well.

Does anyone know what's the problem ?:(

I plot to a HP DesignJet 500+ and on occasion have had some problems plotting from 2010. I too have gotten the same message as you but have been able to come up with a work-around that involves deleting the printer via Windows and reinstalling the driver. Because of the age of the printer HP doesn't offer much in the way of updates to its drivers.

Definitely it seems to be the printer driver, and on the HP site there is no driver for Win7 only some guidelines to automatically update (and i do all that without any problems). But worries me that everyting it is working on other programs, Word, Corel, Photoshop...not on AC.

One would think it would still work with AutoCAD since it is a Windows compliant printer that you are using.

I had to go back to the WinXP until the driver for Win7 appear, I tried similar drivers and there is still bag.

Tnx for all ansers.

Sorry to hear that. The question is what will you do if HP does not issue an updated driver? It would sort of defeat the purpose of having Win7 if you had to rely on using WinXP.