Block Counter (Includes Dynamic Blocks)

Lee Mac

Oh yes you made 2 programs for counting blocks including dynamic blocks.

Maybe you can combine the 2 programs and so make 1 fantastic super-block count program ?! :)

Export to .xlsx Excel file would be great! :)

If only I had the time!

But for now I'm more than happy with those 2, thank you !

You're welcome!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

• autolisp

• piscopatos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need Help around "Count Attribute Values"Hello dear Lee Mac,I'm looking for a lisp routin similar to your "Count Attribute Values" lisp routins,Would you please help me more about this routine?What i need is to be able to extracting data from attributes in my drawing not only counting them but also i need to extracting all field in my attributes Counting and Sorting and also putting them as data in the same table like your routin can draw...I attached a drawing sample for more view about what i need and hope you will help meThank you so much in advanced

STEEL STRUCTURE.dwg

Have you looked at the built in Autocad feature, DATAEXTRACTION?

Very useful way of taking fields, attributes etc out into tables in excel, or within CAD

Thank you dear Monk,Yes I had looke at dataextraction command and testing it in my drawing, but many options must be select or deselect and it is so much wast the time and have risk because maybe something doed not count and makes trouble...

I think the risk of not counting something is inherent on any approach you use. The computer is only as good as the person using it.

Ensuring naming conventions are adhered too throughout your block and attribute creation is important I think.

Alas just another option to do the same thing. As much as I love fancy lisps, Autocad has some under-used features!

This program will act similarly to BCount, but will also count Dynamic Blocks.

The output is printed to the command line and may optionally be written to either a Text or CSV file, and if running in a version of AutoCAD that supports AutoCAD Table Objects (2005+ I believe), the user has the option to display the results in a table with complete control over the table headings and layout.

With the Table Block Preview enabled, the program could also be used to easily create Legends.

Let me know what you think of the code/program functionality :)

Count.gif

----{ Code Available Here }----

Dear Mr.Lee.mac

thnks a lot

• 1 month later...

I have entirely rewritten & updated this program to hopefully enable compatibility with 2015 versions. The new version also has an enhanced settings dialog, and allows the user to alter several additional parameters, such as sorting options.

As always, the latest version may be downloaded from the first post of this thread, or from my site here.

Enjoy :)

• 6 months later...

Hi Lee,

Amazing lisp! Extremely useful, much like your others.

Just wondering if there was an easy way to obtain other dynamic property names (other than visability states). Even a way to sort by layers would be awesome?

Legend!

• 3 years later...

Hi, Mr. Lee, I tried your lisp, but it doesn't include blocks inside arrays. Is there option to include it?