Drawing crashes when saving (autocad 2008)

grug

Hi there,

(firstly I have searched this section and I cant seem to find anything...so here is goes!)

I am having an issued with a series of drawings that crash (not responding) when I go to save the drawings. I have been using these drawings over the past year, and they are only starting to do it now for some reason. Each drawing contains 9 XREFs, and the only infomation inside the actualy drawings besides the 9 xrefs is a title block. I have audited (command "audit) this drawing, and also all the included XREFS and there are no errors. I am out of ideas. I have also recovered the parent drawing and it still seems to happen. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Autocad.

I hope the info I have provided you is clear, any help would be great! sooner rather than later if possible as the drawings have to be submitted soon.

if you require any further information from me about the issue dont hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance! :)

Greg

There has to be one drawing that is causing the problem. Through trial and error can you somehow isolate that one drawing? For instance, can you unattach all xrefs and then systematically add them back in one at a time and see what happens?

Thanks! ill give that a go, im just stumped as to why any of the XREFS would cause a problem if I have audited them individually and they dont seem to have any errors or problems.

have you copied any object(s) & pasted in your drawings? that object(s) may be originated from other software other than Autocad.

Hi guys, thanks for the tips, the problem was with one of the XREFS, I changed the font and it did not like it for some reason, through trial and error I found out that that was the drawing causing the problem, thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Greg