.dwg to IGES (need help!)

hayesth

I have a simple 3D design drawn in ACAD 2004. Can someone with Mechanical (or anything else that is capable) open this up and convert it to IGES for me please.

I can't seem to fit it on this thread so I would have to email it to you.

I would appreciate the efforts!!!!

Thanks -

Tom H.

Please do not post your questions multiple times, it only clutters up the forum - your question will get read anyway.

No, I do not have either program. I know that a handful of forum members use Inventor and a couple who use Mechanical. It's entirely up to them as to whether or not they would be willing to convert the file for you. Since everyone here is a volunteer I can't force anyone to assist you. We'll just have to see what happens. For the most part we have a very generous group of hard core forum members who have gone out of their way to help people on a daily basis. Perhaps one of the people they help will be you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think in order to use the command IGES-OUT you have to have loaded it into the system when Acad was done so back when. They started to give the "option" at load up time begining in version R-14 (Yes, I want it installed) and dropped the whole thing out about R-2004 or R-2006. Mainly due to lack of interest. You cannot go back and load it in by itself.

And IGES is not all that it is reported as.

Wm.