Scaling 1 axis but by how much?

bobsy852

I have the block of a house (2d - just the elvation) but i need to scale it down to fit between 2 lines.

I've looked up scaling on here and found that if i make it a block I can scale it just along the x-axis to make the building thinner but not shorter at the same itme!

Now I just need to know how much to scale it by?

Anyone know how i can figure this out? Basically I need to work out how far along the building the line i need to scale the building back to is, but how do I work out what scale factor that would be?

Thanks everyone

Use SCALE command with Reference option to fit the block between limits (this will scale both X and Y) and after modify the Y scale factor in Properties back to 1. Done!

Regards,

haha ive done it via trial and error now "0.43628" lol, took a while but got there in the end, would still be nice to know if there's an easier way though :)

Use SCALE command with Reference option to fit the block between limits (this will scale both X and Y) and after modify the Y scale factor in Properties back to 1. Done!

Regards,

:shock: OMG! the simplest thing ever! hahaha :oops:

Thanks Msasu! least i know for next time! :roll: