ucs icon with tails

dreamer

Thanks for your help MikeScott. The icon is back to normal now. But what did I do made the icon looks the way it did?

Yes I was playing with Visual Styles, shading and all that but never seen the icon changed like that.

But what did I do made the icon looks the way it did?

You were probably playing with visual styles in 2010 for the first time.

You were probably playing with visual styles in 2010 for the first time.

:roll: Hah yeah may be. But I still like to know what are they indicating? How are the tails suppose to be read? What are they for?

Thanks.

Well, I'm not sure if it is something in the way you did the screen capture or if that is really the way your screen appears (if the latter something is wrong with your screen). But there should be an X, Y, and Z at the ends of the arrowheads. Red is X, Y is Green and Z is Blue.

As long as your drawing contains no 3D solids, you will see no differences when change the visual style – except for UCS icon, of course.

Regards,

What are your computer specs?

Specifically, what video card are you using and how old is it?

Have you noticed any other display issues when working? Maybe you need a new, or better, card?

Or maybe it was just a fluke? Does this happen often or was it just a one time thing?

What are your computer specs?

Specifically, what video card are you using and how old is it?

Have you noticed any other display issues when working? Maybe you need a new, or better, card?

Or maybe it was just a fluke? Does this happen often or was it just a one time thing?

Mine is Windows7 64-bits. Video card: NVDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.

The tails sometimes appear after I use SteeringWheels obit and turning the ViewCube.

Thanks.