things i should keep in mind before starting / layout trouble

davesec

i know that there is lisp routine to generate this izolation, you have to define start point endpoint width and density.i have this file on my computer but now cant find.ill send latter.

but i sugest to use hach as i do, it very easy to apply.but there is no this type izo.

hach exampe:

43.JPG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• Tiger

• einstainas

• davesec

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Batt insulation probably should not be a linetype, but a hatch.

The Batt insulation symbol is a long standing architectural standard representation for plan or section view walls with insulation installed.

The crosshatching pattern is also a long standing architectural standard for concrete masonry block walls.

You cannot interchange them. You will have a couple of contractors loading up thier stuff and leaving the jobsite.:shock:

The trouble with Batt hatch pattern is that the alignment is not so nice as the Batt line type. But it does fill in large areas.

I got this hatch pattern somewhere from this site, so I am sure a Search will unearth it. :D

BattingHatch.jpg

so this this lisp routine.

if you dont know how to use follow steps.

1. download an extract file.lsp on desktop.

2.select file.lst and drop on autocad screen.

3.in acad press k, then enter.

4.do that autocad ask in comand line

file.zip

The trouble with Batt hatch pattern is that the alignment is not so nice as the Batt line type.

That is true, but I have never found a need to go around a corner with the batts symbol. After all, it is only a symbol which indicates to a permit inspector that you know insulation belongs in exterior walls.

Hopefully, you are only using it in a large scale, 1/2" = 1'-0" or bigger, wall section detail. It is not standard procedure to use it in the floorplan view. Floorplan views should only show the wall thickness, not its contents. They get crowded up enough as it is.

In a detail, the batts should start and stop at the sill/header, so the hatch, if scaled just right looks good.

thanks guys! any ideas regarding my problem with the giant batting linetype?

Try setting 'PSLTSCALE' to 0. Then do a 'REGENALL'.

HTH