program keeps freezing up!

nancysb

Hello Again, I've been having trouble: each time I try to use the trim tool/command, my program freezes up and I get the Not Responding message. Even if I reboot the computer, it doesn't help. Any thoughts?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nancysb

• fart_plume

• ScribbleJ

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Try doing the same thing in a completely new file and see if you get the same results. If so then its hard to say. If not then your file might be corrupt. Audit and purge to see if it finds errors and fixes them.

I opened up alnother file, and used the tim tool. It works, but it's slow. What does that tell me? And, I don't know how to Audit and Purge.

Thanks.

It may not be the file at all. Maybe your system has something going on that is keeping the processor busy which would slow down AutoCad.

Type AUDIT at the command line and PURGE. When audit prompts to Fix any errors detected? Choose yes.

Calvin, you are a genius!!!!! It found one error, fixed it, and all is well with the world again. It's my birthday Sunday and this is my first birthday present. Thanks.

Calvin, you are a genius!!!!! It found one error, fixed it, and all is well with the world again. It's my birthday Sunday and this is my first birthday present. Thanks.

Glad I could help out. Have a blessed Sunday and happy birthday.

:thumbsup:

It's good that you found it. I once let something like that go too far and the drawing got corrupted.

In my case, AutoCAD would just go poof when I used that same command, trim, and I'd be looking at my desktop icons. No error msgs, no nothing. The program would just vaporize.

Happy Birthday.

okay, another true confession: I am mostly a Mac user, and use the PC just for AutoCAD. I do not know what or how to "request CPU time...

The software does that, not you, if things like weather bug, yahoo, anti virus programs on running they do it in the back ground. Normally you would never know they are there unless problems in a new piece of software start happening.

one more variable: this computer is NOT connected to the internet. It is just a stand alone computer, BUT I have downloaded blocks to use from CAD monkey. Could I have imported any kind of bug/virus?

That is always a possibility when downloading from the internet, have your anti-virus sweet scan tohse files you downloaded and then do a full system scan.

don't have an anti virus on this machine. Is it too late to use one now? will it correct this issue, or am I up a creek? Can I find a free anti virus program that will work?

google and Download "AVG for free" install and run a full scan. Eliminate that possibility first and we'll go from there.

will do this. must go to business appt. will try later tonight or tomorrow. thanks to all so far. it takes a village with me....