Copy and Paste between two drawings on two different computers

PSWMCSE

Hi!

I have two separate computers that I have connected via a KVM switch. I am using 3 screens to view the programs. I am using AutoCadn 2008 on both computers. I view the 2nd computer via a connection with VNC. This allows me full mouse and keyboard funtionallity.

I am trying to copy and paste objects and text between 2 separate drawings on the two different computers. When I open two drawings on the one computer, I can copy and paste objects and text between 2 drawings with no problem. When I try to do the same thing but the drawings are on 2 separate computers, it will only copy text but not the objects. It looks like it wants to do it, and even ask for an insertion point, but when I click on paste nothing happens after it ask for the insertion point.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who knows how to do this!

Thanks!

PW

It is not possible to copy and paste between two seperate PC's. The objects and text are saved in the RAM of the PC you did the copy and paste on. It will only paste in another file on the same PC.

Just use WBLOCK command to another file and access it from your network. That is if you have one.

ScribbleJ is correct that you cannot copy and paste from one computer to another....unless you're using a Remote Desktop session or similar setup. I sometimes work with AutoCAD on my local machine while at the same time I RD to another computer at my office which is hundreds of miles away. It's only rare that I'm actually working on the same drawing on both machines so I can't really see the need you have clearly. Perhaps you're just pulling bits and pieces from one dwg to another.

Sounds like your needs are to have both computers working at once and if that's the case and you can't use RD option then your only solution would be to save the data to a file and then open that file from your other computer.