Line spacing for TEXT

darrellk-1

I use the TEXT command for comments on drawing details, but experience an issue with too little line spacing when I move to a second line. The second line is immediately under the first line with no clear space, making the lettering hard to read. How do I set a default line spacing for TEXT command; not MTEXT as that is in the settings. I am running AutoCAD 2004, Sketchup, Windows XP Pro. Any suggestions other than manually moving each line spacing would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on this site and read all the manuals to no avail.:?

Draw > Text >

Single or Multi Line

This doesn't work for you? Odd?

I just tried in '05 and '07, worked in both AutoCAD programs.

What font are you using? Perhaps this is an issue?

Can you post an image or a piece of text (ACAD) so we can take a peek-a-boo?

Thanks Tankman, I use RomanS as Standard font for shop drawings and normally use TEXT command for notes and MTEXT when I have a Comments or List section. Sometimes my single line note turns into two lines which places no space between the lines. Thought there might be a command or setting that allowed Single line TEXT a line spacing choice or default. I can use the MTEXT function but it seems a bit faster by not defining the box and then moving the mouse to hit "OK."