Odd graphics issues

cwolstencroft

Hello all

Am brand spanking new to this forum, so apologies if this is not the place to ask this question

I run AutoCAD 2009. Am self taught and been using CAD since 2000i

When I first installed the program it ran fine. No problems for ages .... then

Recently have been having some strange issues with the program. By the way, I was running Vista Business on this machine initially.

A couple of issues.

From time to time, and for no apparent reason, the tabs bar gets corrupted and it shows the menu bar instead. If I hold the pointer over this, it will refresh to the tabs bar

The other issue is with text and or dimension text. Sometimes, when I edit the text or a dimension, the text doesn't refresh. I have to click somewhere else in the drawing and it then refreshes itself.

The other thing is sometimes, if I edit a block, when I re-save it, only the edited block shows. For instance, I have a ballroom full of tables and chairs. Each set is a block. If I edit the block, only the set of 1 table and chairs is shown. I have to close the drawing and re-open it to show all the edited blocks ?

Another issue that I have remembered .... When I hatch an object with a solid hatch, I now have a diagonal line running through the object.

Are all these issues related ?...

I first thought that the program was corrupt, but did a new install and it's exactly the same. Updated Windows to Windows 7 .... still same. And installed new motherboard and graphic card ..... STILL the same issues

Any idea ??

Many thanks in advance if someone can shed some light on this. It's probably something very simple ....

Many thanks

Colin