Visual style Probs

jl9r

I know this has been covered before but I didn't see any proper answer other than AutoCAD appears to get confused and occasionally corrupt solid views.

I have attached a pdf of a simple base plate drawing I am working on, there are 2 holes in the plate and the edges are bent down. The visual style on the drawing is 'Conceptual' and all visual styles are set to default. I have AutoCAD 2008 and a NVIDIA Quadro FX1700 graphics card.

Why do the thick black lines appear when in 'Conceptual' and 'Hidden'? :? I have seen this happen before but never found any reason for it or solution to it.

Base Plate.pdf

might be the fast silhouette edges? Or perhaps facet edges/isolines. Try opening up the visual styles manager, command prompt: 'visualstyles' and messing about with the settings under those. Sorry, i know that's a bit vague, but they're a fickle thing.

Perhaps it has something to do with the setting of VSEDGES. What do you have it set to? If set to "0" no edges will be displayed.

I tried playing with the settings in visual style manager, thats how i know that the settings are back to default. All in I never managed to change anything though.

I have also tried the vsedges command and 0, 1 or 2 made no difference.

What I have noticed though is that when I copied all and pasted into a new drawing the problem resolved. Only when I do an orbit command do the lines appear, but then go again when the movement starts.

I still think its some kind of corruption that occurs when changing through styles.