Data Sort in Table Column

ziemerd

One of my coworkers has a drawing with a table in it and he wants to sort a column numerically just like Excel. All I could find was information on how to sort extracted data but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Dawn

Is there a way of doing a sort inside the table? It seems like extra steps to export, manipulate, then bring back.

Unfortunately I haven't used tables much other than auto generated ones from Civ 3D which are sorted. We manualy create a "table" as a List using block entries which are manipulated by other Vba progs.

Have you checked the HELP (no cad at moment) I would have thought a sort would be part of the table function.

Any way a table is a bit like an excell so it should be possible to sort the entry order manually, in a nutshell you compare two adajcent lines and keep swapping them if one is bigger than other. So you would create a list of the table lines and then sort that list swapping entire line entries based on a column value.

Thanks BIGAL. I have found that I have to export the data to an csv then manipulate the data the way I want it and then import it back in as a table. It's a lot of extra work because the cells are not programmed like the old table so it needs to be changed but it gets the job done.