Copy to clipboard failed ??

AJSmith

Another unsatisfied customer. I've never seen this error before. I tried to copy/paste several hundred objects and got "Copy to clipboard failed." By a process of elimination I found one line--just one line--that wouldn't copy, and that spoiled it for everyone else. An audit didn't fix it. Nothing unusual about that one line.

New ad slogan:

AutoCAD -- Expect the Unexpected!

Or (with apologies to Lily Tomlin):

We're Autodesk. We don't care. We don't have to.

Or:

AutoCAD -- still less painful than sticking your finger in a light socket.

Edited by CyberAngel

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• SLW210

• AJSmith

• MLittle

I am sure this will be resolved before the release of AutoCAD 2111, so just hang in there. :ouch:

OOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo00000000000oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo000000000000000000OOOOOOOOOoooooooo

I reported this problem to AutoDesk. They didn't seem too interested in the problem once I sent the data they requested.

they never are .......

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree with David Lloyd back on the first page of this thread. ctrl+c for copy and ctrl+v for paste have never failed for me. I've had several users ask me about this issue in LDD2008, Civil2010 and now in Civil2011. I know it's not the "right" answer, but it works for us. ...maybe by Civil2111

I am using both AutoCAD LT 2011 and AutoCAD 2011. I received a file from an outside customer which has the problem described. The vendor is also using the Educational Version, which I thought was the source of the error. I saved it as a .dxf file, and reopened. No change.

None of the symptoms/fixes seem to correspond 100% with what I see described here. I think the customer must be using the "buggy," early version of 2007, (or more likely, hasn't applied the hotfix). Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V does not work!!

Any advice?? I am going to try creating a block, and reinserting in new drawing... But other than that...?????