contains incorrect or corrupted information

Brad Landry

i am using autocad 2006 along with 3 other drafters. 2 of the engineers are using 2010 LT. they get a message when trying to open some drawings. the message is "unable to open this drawing. it contains incorrect or corrupted information. the recover command may be able to restore undamaged material from this drawing."

these drawings open fine with no trouble in 2006. when i do a recover, it says 1 error found 1 fixed. i have no idea why the 2010 version is doing this and it is only doing it on some drawings. we also noticed she can open the drawing that is used as the xref. the individual sheets ask her to recover. she did a recover and it said 0 erros found 0 fixed. then the display of the drawing looks different.

Please help

i am using autocad 2006 along with 3 other drafters. 2 of the engineers are using 2010 LT. they get a message when trying to open some drawings. the message is "unable to open this drawing. it contains incorrect or corrupted information. the recover command may be able to restore undamaged material from this drawing."

these drawings open fine with no trouble in 2006. when i do a recover, it says 1 error found 1 fixed. i have no idea why the 2010 version is doing this and it is only doing it on some drawings. we also noticed she can open the drawing that is used as the xref. the individual sheets ask her to recover. she did a recover and it said 0 erros found 0 fixed. then the display of the drawing looks different.

Please help

Hi Brad,

I also had a similar situation involving drawings exchanged between 2009 to 2004. I was getting the same error messages. You need to go to the Autodesk site and download the latest hotfix for 2006.

Here is the link for it.:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7047371&linkID=9240618

Also make sure that you have the latest service pack as well. You can get it at the same place.

Good Luck