Contour labels in Civil 3D

mcjohn

I'm Using Civil 3D 2010 and curious to know how to properly add contour labels to a surface (of contours). When I go surfaces-add surface labels-contour (single or multiple) and select where I want my label(s) all that appears is a 'tick' line drawn through the point I selected. Selected, this 'tick' is called a surface contour label group in the properties panel. Using a template someone created for his company that I'm using as practice I am able to follow the same procedures and proper contour elevation labels appear. But when using the default template only a tick appears.

John

Check your 'Surface Style' in the settings tab to see if Elevations under Display are turned on and also check the layer that they are suppose to be on in the layer manager if the layer is frozen or turned off.

• 1 year later...

I have a question :

I need to know how can i put a contour label with comma like : 100.1, 100.2 100.3 , etc

Thanx

Edited by Tantoun
MIstake

I have a question :

I need to know how can i put a contour label with comma like : 100.1, 100.2 100.3 , etc

You'll have to go back to the contour label style. Edit the Contents of the Text and change the precision to 0.1 instead of 0. You'll also have to change the contour interval under the Contours tab of the surface style, if you haven't already.