Animation very jumpy

Jacky

Hi,

I have a table created for a class, and now I want to create a simple video to showcase it. I am not looking for fancy animation to open the drawers, but a simple animation with an animation path, which I did.

I did this twice, with one at 60 FPS and at 320x240 resolution. another with 60 FPS and at 1080x768 resolution.

The 1080x768 does give me a better resolution, however, when I run it, it has blips and jumps in the video vs. the 320x240 resolution. the lower quality runs smoother.

At the same time, I noticed that the attached image that I used for sky (which should be baby blue) has many patches of purple when I use animation.

So, 2 questions

1. How to avoid jumpy but high resolution animation (with a simple animation motion path)

2. How to stop my attached image from patches of other color?

Are these problems my laptop's problem?

I never did like AutoCAD's animation capabilities. Have you tried just running the animation and using screen recording software like Camtasia. I find the results are better for simple animations where you don't need rendering...

KC

Thanks KC. I have not tried the Camtasia or other recording software before, so I am not too sure how to use those, if you can give me more details that would be awesome.

thanks

60 FPS sounds like a lot of computing going on especially at 1080x768. Have you tried dropping that down to 30 or less? It seems counter-intuitive to do so but I've found many times when you do something reverse of what you might think things work out better.

Thanks everyone,

I have tried again with 30 FPS at high resolution. However, I still find it jumpy and the sky of the attached material still shows patches of purple.

Do you have any other suggestions? (preferably within AutoCAD)

My laptop specs is a dell 1530XPS with 4G RAM T8300 2.40GHz

I have only tried on an even smaller laptop, as I don't have assess to a better desktop now. Do you think my laptop spec is a problem?

thanks

I think it's most likely a problem with some aspect of your laptop. I don't think it has anything to do with Autocad.

What media player are you using to watch the video playback?

Read through the search results that I Googled and try some of the things that have been recommended: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=choppy+video+playback&aq=f&aqi=g1g-c3g1g-c2g3&aql=&oq=choppy+video+playback&gs_rfai=&fp=64f719c8669fe4b7

If none of those recommendations work, try searching for answers regarding choppy playback in whatever media player you are using.

Can you upload your video to a file sharing site, and post a link to it here, so we can take a look at it on our machines and see if it still looks choppy?

• 13 years later...

Hello,

I have a residence that I rendered for a customer and I wanted to showcase the whole front with an animation video.

The animation settings I chose on the window were the following:

Frame Rate: 24FPS

Number of Frames: changed automatically when I entered the 24FPS

Duration: 15 seconds

Visual Style: High

Format: WMV

Resolution: 1024x768

When I clicked OK it said that it would take 3hrs at first but 5 minutes later the time increased to a little more than 4hrs, which is fine. I left it doing it's thing overnight.

I came in to work this morning and wanted to watch the video. It is awful. The quality is super low to say the least. I would not use this at all for my customer. I wish I could be able to share it with you so you could see how bad it is.

I should add that when I started working at this company they had computers that were not up for this kind of work.

I requested for them to do an upgrade on the system and they told me to order what I thought was good for me to do my job without any trouble.

On February of this year 2023, I ordered this computer specially for AutoCAD drawings with the best and latest video cards for high resolution, enough horses on the RAM, 1T memory and everything. All recommended by professional technicians.

I noticed the difference from the previous computer to this one and never had any issues. 

The previous computer took almost a day to do perform the rendering to PDF. This one takes about 15mins just to give you an example.

Do you know why this happened? I thought I had done something wrong on the process but the animation settings aren't that many or complex. These are simple settings.

Is it something that can't be done with AutoCAD maybe?

I hope that you can help me please.

Thank you 🙏

It seems to me that your resolution is too low. 1024 x 768 isn't going to produce a very high quality rendering. Try doubling it to 2048 x 1536. Or if your computer can handle it, triple it to 3072 x 2304. This will increase render time, but should give you a much higher quality result. But having said that, I don't use Autocad for 3D because everything is so oversimplified. You really don't have much control over materials, lighting and rendering. Just a few simple settings. That's why I use Blender for all my 3D work.