center line/mark issue

AFitchguy07

So in the attached file i need to add center lines. My understanding is that when i use .09 for example, then that line (4 of them) will extend past the circle by .09 units then stop. As i have it now, it stays within the circle. If i make it bigger on the size, say .125 for example, it will come out of one circle, but not the other that is bigger.

Everything I've read says, "Use the size text box in the center marks area to change the size of the center mark and center line. The size defines half the length of a center-line dash and the distance that the center-line extends past the object." But as you can see, the center lines are all the same length despite the diameter of the different circles.

What is going on?

DDIM.png

19.jpg

you may be right, i don't know.

my interpretation of it is exactly what it says... that value is the distance of which the centerline extends past the object...

there has to be an easier way to apply these marks.

I don't follow?

I just tried a few circles adjusting the center mark larger 'n smaller.

Each time, the line extended outside of the circle the same distance regardless of the circle diameter. :?

I just tried a few circles adjusting the center mark larger 'n smaller.

Each time, the line extended outside of the circle the same distance regardless of the circle diameter. :?

so what i WANT to happen is the way it is actually happening for you? but not for me, as shown in screenshot above..?

that's frustrating...

You're using DIMCENTER?

I guess it's a setting I overlooked... Hopefully someone will chime in tomorrow morning.

If your dimcenter value is set to 0.25, the center tick will be 0.50 long.

I'm assuming the circles in your example are smaller than 0.50", so all you are seeing is the tick marks, not the center lines.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issues. My center marks look like a big + rather than whats shown in the preview for the dimension style window.

EDIT: WOOHOO! I figured it out. I used the Annotative dimension style rather than the Standard or ISO and it works now!