Forgot: How do I create MTEXT Box that will resize the text to fit?

cggentry

I used this many years ago... There was a way to make your text size itself to fit within a defined area. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help me.:geek:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cggentry

• ReMark

• alanjt

• dbroada

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, that works... sort of. I forget to add, I don't have access to express tools, as my corporate keepers refuse to give them to me.

What???

Express Tools, in my opinion, is a must have. What is their rationale for denying you access to ET? Do they have any idea how long these tools have been around?

What???

Express Tools, in my opinion, is a must have. What is their rationale for denying you access to ET? Do they have any idea how long these tools have been around?

Agreed. Anything that makes a tech's life easier is money in the bank.

yeah, i agree as well. I've tried to get it, but nobody will back me.

Hell, I can't even get them to get a 64bit operating system.

IT, but i think it's off site. We run a server version of AutoCAD and it's all some pre-made packaged B.S. Half of my tool bars won't even load. The IT guys in this facility can't help, it's corporate IT that makes the call, and whatever they say has to trickle down through the right channels. Unfortunately, I can't get to the top of the line before I get shut down.

IT, but i think it's off site. We run a server version of AutoCAD and it's all some pre-made packaged B.S. Half of my tool bars won't even load. The IT guys in this facility can't help, it's corporate IT that makes the call, and whatever they say has to trickle down through the right channels. Unfortunately, I can't get to the top of the line before I get shut down.

Man, I'll dig up Express Tools for 2008 and mail them too you. That's ridiculous.

Textfit.lsp is a separate (6K) lisp file located in the Express folder.

I know, but if I'm going to send him one ET, why not give everything to him?

as an aside from one who also has "the corporate install", our machines are scanned at least once a week and any "new" software is registered and reported. :(

don't want to let somebody be efficient either :(

I wrote a VB program years ago which enables us to combine a dxf file with an access database to produce (typically) 1000+ drawings in a couple of hours. We are banned from using it until it has gone through quality control - which could be several years.

So far it hasn't been removed from our computers but I'm just waiting....

Haha, awesome. I probably have to have admin rights to install them though.

Most likely.

But if you can install them, install them at your own risk. If you lose your job as a result of going behind your IT departments back and installing something without their knowledge, don't blame us. :wink: