Offsetting Drawing Planes

Castor63

I cant seem to figure out how to offset a drawing plane so that I can loft one shape to another, for instance making a cone. Sometimes when I just choose my first shape as first plane then hit the 2D Drawing it will ask me the offset distance but this never happens when I want it to. I just want to offset the drawing plane from one surface about 2 inches so I can make another shape and loft to it, Thanks for any assistance:wink:

Hold down your mouse button and drag...

[ATTACH]21174[/ATTACH]

KC

Thank you so much. I am self taught in this Inventor, felt like a dummy for not figuring it out. Thanks again

It can be frustrating at times. When you create this new offset plane, if you right click on it in the feature tree you can Show Dimensions, this will allow you to change the offset distance. You will then need to hit the Update button. Looks like a piece of paper with a lightning bolt in the last few versions of inventor.

You can also create an offset workplane and start a new sketch simultaneously.

Simple start the sketch command and instead of clicking on a workplane or planar part face - click and drag. This will create workplane and start sketch at the same time.