Image size

Coosbaylumber

I am operating on an "other" than brand new edition of Acad, and having a problem with inserting an image into the parent drawing at work.

What ever size the overall size, it ALWAYS comes in at exactly square (Height versus width), even if the image is rectangular. I can look at the image file (usually a *.tif type) a dozen places outside of Acad, and it shows up rectangular, but once inside, it is square. Exactly. Not to any one of the original east or west measurements in the squareness either. But overall now looks distorted.

Now, iffn I attempt to trace anything, the new linework comes out exactly as I laid the lines down on the distorted image, wrong.

How do I go about making it look rectangular if the original WAS indeedy rectangular? It don't move in between opening up and closing, but still looks square and distorted.

Wm.

I am operating on an "other" than brand new edition of Acad, and having a problem with inserting an image into the parent drawing at work.

What exactly does that mean? :?

What version are you using?

How are you inserting the image?

Are you using the IMAGEATTACH command?

Are you inserting as an OLE object?

Are you copy and pasting?

Am not at work this instant, but am posting from memory.

I think they are using a very early edition of R-2008 Autocad. One of the Pre- something or other versions. Was loaded on about 3-4 years ago.

From my experience with earlier versions, if Adobe Photo-shop is not already loaded up, and then Autocad gets loaded up next then this causes problems. As Autocad does not instantly reccognise that Photo-shop is onboard and resulting images come out wacky. If Photoshop is to be used, it must be loaded up "Prior" to Autocad, or Autocad will default to it's own inbread photo interpretation. I do not know (nor does anyone else) in what order Autocad was loaded up from back when.

I think all images in this version come in as OLE's, and are then brought in via the Add Image pull down. I am going to be asked to fix the aerial topo tomorrow, and they are hoping I have a solution. If I have a job to return to. May be a good week or two to return.

Wm.

:huh: I've never heard of any issues with Autocad & Photoshop in regards to which one gets loaded first? I've been running them both, on various computers, since CAD 2004 and Photoshop 7 and I've never seen, or heard of, any wacky behavior as a result of loading one or the other first. And since Autocad doesn't use any part of Photoshop to help it view images, I don't see how either program would effect the other if one was loaded before the other? :unsure:

As for the square image problem, try inserting the image using the IMAGEATTACH command, rather than inserting as OLE.

Can you post a screenshot of the image before and after inserting in Autocad?