How can i ALWAYS find a given block?

Cholomanchuten

I guess you know me from intrincate questions down the forum list.

New one: I want to save a Block and manipulate the options of AutoCad so that i can insert that block from any drawing, not just the drawing i created it.

Also. i save a block as a .dwg, then i open it with the Design Center and it doesn't recongnize it as a block, it recognices it as a drawing so i can't insert it that way....

I want to use the comand insert, and, when i name the block ("example: CUBE") Autocad inserts that CUBE, but i didnt have to previously browse to find the dwg.

Anything?

Blocks saved to your hard drive as a dwg file can be inserted into any drawing in any number of ways (Design Center, macro, insert command, auotlisp, dragged off a tool palette, etc.).

Yep, but i'm specifically interested in block insertion by Script.

You know, i have done a lot of things through script in many drawings, but i never had a command that opens a window (like the "insert" command).. so the script to insert a block is unclear.. i mean..

where do i put the path to the block?

you can't use dialogue boxes (easily) in scripts. To insert a block you need to use the -INSERT (note the - symbol) to use the command line version.

You set up search paths on the first tab of the options box.

Insertion by script. Ahhhh...now i see. That's a pertinent piece of information.

If one were doing it by a macro it would go something like this:

^C^C-insert;c:/dwg/myblock.dwg;

I'm sure the script file should be somewhat similar give or take a character or two.