Linetype shape files keep disappearing

Guest Chris_K

Guest Chris_K

I have a custom linetype (fma.lin) and a custom compiled shape file (fmashp.shx) that is being used by my linetype file. I can load the linetypes and shape files and eveything works great. However once I switch files, or create a new one and come back to the previous drawing my shape files are gone in my linetypes. I have to load the shape file and reload the linetypes and they usually return. This has even occured with xrefs and most recently I have been unable to make them reappear in some of my files. If I check the purge option it shows that the "fmashp.shx" file is not in use, but if I check the items in use it shows the "fmashp" file is in use.:huh: Confused and relly need some help. Thanks. Also Im running Land Desktop 2009 but have had this issue with 2008.