viewports in paper space.

starman

why do view-ports have to be so complicated,

im trying to assign a paper space and a view port to the entire model that i have,

in short the model needs to be divided 4 row and 4 coulombs for total of 16 pages or paper spaces all in the A4 format.

each page need to be assigned a page number and on a separate layout page. (paper space) with viewport i think...

:o

does that make sense!!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starman

• ReMark

• Cad64

• rvpas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It makes some (?) sense...I think.

Viewports in a layout are not complicated. You create one (or more), assign a scale, use the pan and zoom commands to set up the view just the way you want then lock the display so it is not inadvertently changed as you work between model space and paper space.

Hi,

I agree with you Remark,

It is one of the biggest headway of autocad since DOS version

In my opinion.

Its appearance, it seems to me in V13 or V14 was an event.

In V2000 the multiple tabs etc.....

On the contrary it is easier to work no concerns to change the scale of a plan by example

One can improve it certainly again

But frankly for dinosaur as me which one known at the beginning of autocad it is tools is brilliant.

And it is it's a pity of step to use it well some jobs can not need it...ok

But to summarize, that has of the sense...

A thing which you shall have to make already.

It is to create a template of drawing with layout and titleblock predefined

Because then you have the choice between to create one layout since a template or to slide it since the designcenter

Look of for forum, there is certainly a subject which was often approached...

Bye

Pascal

To assist you in dividing your model space drawing up into 16 "A4" layouts why not create a layer called "Grid" and draw a grid over your model space objects of 16 quadrants. Use the model space grid to set up each of your layouts. Make sure the grid layer is set not to plot.

thank you for replying ,ReMark, great idea, now to actually go ahead and try to follow your instruction. you must remember im new and these terms are are a little intimidating...

a short step by step would be so much ezier to follow, but i ll give it a try, you seem to have understood exactly what i need , thanks Again. A grid with all 16 pages of A4 size as template includung 16 seperate paper space with the number of all the individual page s on them 1-16.

Your model space objects are are drawn full size right?

What scale would you assign to your viewport in the layout you'll be using?

ReMark:::well the model is about 30X40 inches so i would make a grid with 4 sheet by 4 sheets.(16)

the problem is when i get to paper space the view port is not to scale ( the black square with stitching around it) so when i try to view page 1 of the model it doesnt fit because the grid is 8.5X11 inches per sheet.

...the scale is 1:1 = 1 inch.

does that make senses...?

Did you actually create a viewport? The stitching you refer to sounds more like it is related to the sheet size you selected.

Have you worked with layouts and viewports before?

Did you actually create a viewport? The stitching you refer to sounds more like it is related to the sheet size you selected.

Have you worked with layouts and viewports before?

hmm no im new and i may have swallowed a bit to much at first.

can we put attachments in here..

hmm no im new and i may have swallowed a bit to much at first.

can we put attachments hear..

well, first i create a layout , wait no, there already open in 2010CAD, so i just slip a viewport in there with no scaling cuz i dont know how! then i try to zoom into my grid and make it the size of one printer sheet 8.5X11. but.....

and here's what happens when i insert viewport, with a 8.5"x11.0" scale. look at the black square with the stitching around it perimeter its way off.

no scaleorscaleisoff.jpg

and here's what happens when i insert viewport, with a 8.5"x11.0" scale. look at the black square with the stitching around it perimeter its way off.

Just change your "Drawing Orientation" to "Portrait".

Untitled-1.jpg

that's what im talking about !!!!!! YES..... nowto fit each individual page from the grid on the model space inside the next 16 layouts, with viewport properly oriented.

BTW , there no way in heaven i would have gotten that alone... thanks a million,few more steps and thats it for me for the rest of this year...thanks guys

Hey , looks like i got it under control, after 3 weeks of guessing and trial and error and some online tutorials. now the last step is to insert either blocks for some text , or text itself, on the model space, and/or on the very first layout/paperspace...

just like you see on drafting blueprints of archrtectual designs of houses.

i ll give it a try and see how far i get,,, Thank you all for saving me so much time and effort.

:~)