Inventor 2010 and 2011?

facad

Hello,

I am taking an Inventor class, I made a drawing by using Inventor 2011, while I have tried to open my drawing at the school with Inventor 2010, I could not open it!

Is there a solution for that please?

thanks

Inventor is not backwards compatible, hence if you create a file in 2011 you will not be able to open it in 2010. However, if you create the file in 2010 you can open it in 2011 but once you save it in 2011 you won't be able to open it again in 2010.

jdits7

http://inventortopix.blogspot.com

jdits is correct. You can save it in a generic format in 2011, then open in 2010 and try some sort of feature recognition. Is this drawing fairly complicated or something that you could easily reproduce at school?

To elaborate on Shift's comments - you can save your ipt or iam to STEP (*.stp) format to open in 2010, but you are out of luck on idw.

To get the Feature Recognition add-in to rebuild a feature history tree in 2010 go to http://labs.autodesk.com

Thank you for your reply.

My drawing is not complicated, I will try to redo it at the school, and remove Inventor 2011:unsure:!