Blocks all inserted on layer 0

chelsea1307

Got a background from an architect and all the blocks are inserted on layer 0 but when you block edit them the layers within the block are not 0, is there a way to keep them as blocks but on the layers within instead of the inserted layer? hope that made sense

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chelsea,

So the blocks are on layer 0. And you want he block to be on their respective layers that you see them on inside of the block editor.

I would look into using the BURST command on these blocks. It will explode the block, but the block will retain its information. I use this method sometimes when i get drawings from architects, especially as it concerns Room identification and Numbering.

I hope that helps you out. i don't know if thats what you were looking for.

Chelsea,

As I read your post I believe that what you are saying is that the blocks have been inserted on layer 0, but the objects inside the blocks are on other layers and you want the block to be on one of these layers not 0?

And you dont want to Burst or Explode the blocks.

If that is the case then simply select the block and change its layer to what you want using the layer dropdown or the properties box.

Or you could make the layer you want current and re-insert the block in it.