paper size

salman

Hi Everybody

I am working on some lisp routines to automate printing process. I have access to a small (A4,A3) size printer and a plotter (A0,A1).

For the printer I have a program which automatically set the layout1 to A4 size. To set the paper size I use following code

(vla-put-canonicalMediaName newLout "A4")

But when I use the same code for the plotter to set the paper size to A0 the code line I need to use is

(vla-put-canonicalMediaName newLout "user179")

Here if I give A0 instead of "user179" the program does not work. Please tell me what is this "user179" and why "A0" is not working here. I got this string by using vla-get-canonicalMediaName routine.

Will this string be the same "user179" for any plotter to set the page size to "A0". If no this means whenever I use the lisp routine for some different plotter, I have to chang this string value manually before running the lisp code.

Thanks.

Every plotter and printer could have different page size names. Plotting is always a hassle

You can buy a new printer that is similar to the old one and the paper list may or may not be different.

User179 sounds like someone created a paper size and named it that, but I could be wrong.

Why not use a dialog box and let the user pick the paper size. You can set up a default but have it checked against the printer list of paper and if it is not found have the dialog pop up