ACAD Architecture Wall Shape

TRP

I'm new to ACAD Architecture but not ACAD. I'm having a great deal of trouble changing the shape of a wall to create an overhang. See below;

Capture.PNG

The green represents the current wall and the red is the wall shape I need.

Please help.

Is there any way you can post a few more pics from different angles? I am having a hard time understanding the picture you posted.

It appears that you are editing an exterior wall and you want it to fill in a gable end.

Select the wall in the above view and right click and select "Roof/Floor Line" ->Edit in Place

Right click and use the add/remove vertex options.

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies.

I probably didn't explain myself very well. The roof line is gabled but the wall needs to overhang its base length. I've tried adding a vertex but this option won't allow me to pull the wall over to fill the void. I'm not worried about structural integrity for this drawing (as you can probably tell).

I've added two more images to try and explain things better. The red highlight is the area I want to fill.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Thanks again.

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies.

I probably didn't explain myself very well. The roof line is gabled but the wall needs to overhang its base length. I've tried adding a vertex but this option won't allow me to pull the wall over to fill the void. I'm not worried about structural integrity for this drawing (as you can probably tell).

I've added two more images to try and explain things better. The red highlight is the area I want to fill.

[ATTACH]21311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]21312[/ATTACH]

Thanks again.

That helps a whole heck of a lot more thanks lol. What I usually do with this situation is to extend the wall to the ridge line of the lower gable. I then change the roof/floor line to extend to the roof, and then manually change the bottom of the wall to follow the slope of the lower gable on the end you need filled. Another way to do it is to add another wall in the area you are needing filled, and do the roof/floor line to complete the fill. You will need to make sure that the far right side of the wall has a little height to it or the roof/floor line will fail. I tend to make sure there is a 1/32-1/256" tall side to the wall.

Thanks Noahma, it worked well. I'm really enjoying this version of AutoCAD and I've only just sctatched the surface. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks Noahma, it worked well. I'm really enjoying this version of AutoCAD and I've only just sctatched the surface. Thanks again for your help.

your quite welcome.