Dynamic Scaling

chelsea1307

Im creating a dynamic block, the majority of it stays the same size no matter what the scale of the drawing is (diffuser) one part changes with the scale, is there a way to use the scale parameter and action to scale an exact amount, like by 2? or is there another option that would be better?

I'm not sure if you can add a LIST of scales but you can with a distance parameter :) so this may work. Draw a 1 unit long distance parameter, make it a list type and put you scale factors in the list (2, 5, 10 etc). Now add the scale action to the distance parameter.

(theory not tested :D)

I have the same problem too.. I'm having trouble in adjusting scales in my cad drawings.. everytime I copy a block.. it appears too big..

are you supposed to be able to snap to the different sizes, or just line up your cross hairs or did i miss something entirely?

just noticed that if you have the properties dialog box open you can select the different scales. Is there a way to name these scales instead of having there sizes, bacuase although something is 3' long when in eighth scale very few people in my office would know that, so instead of having 3' is there a way to have 96?

can i scale both arrows at the same time using the end point of each line as the base point for each individual scale, no matter what scale the tail of the arrow is the same distance from the square. does that make sense?

arrows.jpg

I don't think you can rename the distances but you can add a look up table. I think that would allow you to select your scale and have the action performed . You may even be able to give the distance parameter 0 grips so that it only acts as a trigger and you have to use the look up table. I can't really give you much advice on look up table as I have found them limited for the things I do.

You can certainly have two scale actions linked to the one parameter but you may have problems setting the base point of the scale. I think (again not ever tried) you could have a stretch action on a second distance parameter which would instigate a second scale. As I said, I have never tried but it might be worth exploring.