usage of .NET for AutoCad

Joro--

Hello,

Following the change in the structure of this forum and the obvious trend to moving from VBA to .NET, i have some questions :

- how should I use .net to program for Autocad? Do I have to buy a copy of .NET environment or is there an integrated environment in Autocad?

- Where can I find some tutorials for .NET in Autocad?

- Is .NET applicable for ACad 2007 also?

Many thanks in advance!

I'm just beginning to look into .net myself but aren't far enough to give you any help EXCEPT to say you can download the Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express from the Microsoft site. This will allow you to write the code and compile the .dll needed for AutoCAD to run the code.

Definitely get VB.Net Express Edition... It makes a huge difference in programming for me at least. Due to my low number of posts, I can't add any links, but look into theswamp(org), AU and AUGI archives have loads of different tutorials too. There is also the Through the Interface blog. and if books are your thing, look for jerry winters .net books for a rough start. I am still new too, but i know that I have picked up immense amounts of info to do things that I never even imagined. I have gotten programs for creating all of my text styles, dimstyles, and even translated a few of my old lisp programs over after a bit of trial and error. I am personally trying to work on build a site that will have plenty of tutorials, but with my limited time, it comes off a bit harder than i originally planned... feel free to ask if you need more, always happy to help.

- how should I use .net to program for Autocad? Do I have to buy a copy of .NET environment or is there an integrated environment in Autocad?

- Where can I find some tutorials for .NET in Autocad?

I agree with what crwncad702 said. Examples and the Autodesk documentation describes how you might use .NET for Autocad. You don't need to buy anything besides autocad.

Also check out these swamp threads:

The first .NET program I wrote is this one, so you could use it as an example too.

HTH