renders transparent see-through ?

djw

I have a DWG that when I draw a box or insert a bock, it renders transparent see-through like the material is set to glass but it's not?

There is glass in the file. See attached, look @ the BBQ & the box in front of it, on the back porch & and the back of the sofa, I can mach properties on the sofa and it fixes it but well not save the fix? X-Ray not on

3.jpg

Can you post a close up render of these objects? It's very difficult to see them from this distance.

What material do you have applied to these objects?

Do you have a glass material in your default "Global" material slot?

Open your material editor. The first material slot is your default Global material. This material will automatically be applied to every object you create in your scene. So, if you put a glass material in your Global material slot, and then you create a box, the glass material will automatically be applied to the box.

Untitled-1.jpg

See Below:

Note: This will remove your glass material from all objects that have this material applied to them. So you will need to create a new glass material and apply that to your glass objects as necessary.

Untitled-1.jpg

Well, you can either change your material template to something other than "Glass-Clear", or you can leave your Global material as is, and just apply different materials to your models. I don't know how to return your Global material to its default state. :unsure:

Untitled-1.jpg

changed template to realistic then click box for (Diffuse:) then I can fix the glass with a GLASS material , thanks for All your help((Global)) settings is the key..

5.jpg