"Failed to apply styles on this element" error

randrews

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to autocad and I was hoping that you all could hope me out.

I've been working with autocad map 3d and I want to plot what I've created. the problem is that when I do, the "failed to apply styles on this element" error" pops up and my basemap that I have saved in one of the layers turns blurry. Does anyone have a solution for me here?

Greatly appreciated!

How are you attempting to plot? Model or paperspace? Using the Page Setup Manager? I don't know anything about Map3D. I just thought I would ask the "did you check the gas guage" questions to get it rolling. The more info we get, the easier it will be to "guess" what is wrong.:wink:

Sure.

I've attempted to plot using the the layout as well as the modelspace. I did not use the page setup manager.

Sure.

I've attempted to plot using the the layout as well as the modelspace. I did not use the page setup manager.

I was hoping it would be something simple like a heavy screening plot style or something. Not being sure of the differences in regular autocad and map3d, I am probably in over my head anyway.:o

You might try going through the page setup manager, using the default color plot style acad.ctb, or the monochrome.ctb, so you will have a basepoint to start from. I have never tried to plot without using the page setup manager to get a layout ready so I don't know what happens in there. The page setup manager comes up with NONE for printer assignment and plot style. The plot dialog doesn't even ask for a plot style, so it probably defaults to one of the above but I could be wrong.

I hope somebody comes in here that has used that program before.:oops: