Moving a specific attribute of a block

ara35

I have blocks with multiple attributes. For example, let's just say a rectangle with x and y as attributes. is there anyway i can move just y, or just x, without moving the rectangle? I have seen the lisp files used to move attributes of a block but I was curious if you could move a specific attribute. the attributes names are "description" and "circuit". Thanks.

Hi ara35

If you want just move your attribute position 2 solutions

1- When you create your attribute, your can uncheck Lock position

2- it is already create open block editor/select your attribute in properties palette/Misc/Lock position -->no

Dont forget ATTSYNC to synchronize your attribute !

See image

Bye

Pascal

unlock attribute.jpg

i meant to move multiple at the same time from different blocks. so i have 5 blocks with x attribute and y attribute and i want to move all the x's because they come in at a location that i don't want... is that clear enough?

The only way I know of is to redefine the block and use "ATTSYNC" as Pascal mentioned. If any of the instances of the block have had any other attributes moved, they will have to be moved again.

i want to do what this lisp file does except have the option of only grabbing one attribute instead of all attributes of the selected block. if someone could test it out and see what i'm talking about it would be extremely helpful. thanks!

attributes.lsp