Render result black & grey

dreamer

I am new in visualisation so please be patient with me. I am doing a simple room with simple furniture. Here are my problems:

1. Render result black & grey - despite that I positioned lights picked from the Tool Palette, 1 no. Weblight, 5 nos. 35w halogen. Sun Status off.

2. The light glyphs are funny to catch (don’t know what else I can describe it) in the view as I want to change the Z position from the Properties. And their size changing.

3. Materials applied doesn’t show up in the Render image.

I extracted some information from the RPREF dialogue box, in fact I pretty much left everything as it comes.

Exposure Type Automatic

Apply materials On

Texture filtering On

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Post a small screen grab... I'm sure you must be missing some settings. :geek:

After made change to some settings like mad, I've got my colours and materials now, thanks.

There is still question regarding the light glyphs, I've learned changing their Z position from Properties. But is it normal that they are kind of funny to catch and their size change.

light glyth.png

After zoom and click, the one been clicked would reduce it's size. See the 1st, 2nd & 4th from the right.

The lights are in a separate Layer but the glyths cannot be switched on and off from the Layer Properties. Can only do it one by in the Light Properties > Glyth display Auto/On/Off. What is “Auto” means anyway?

Thanks.

When you zoom in or out, the light glyphs become larger or smaller as they move closer or farther from the camera, just like any other objects in your scene. But when you click on them, they shrink back to their normal size. You can perform a global resizing of all glyphs at once by simply doing a REGEN or REGENALL after zooming.