mtext editor

cadam

We use autocad 2000i in our office and the main font used in our drawing is romanS. But when I use mtext editor the text is so faint that I can't read it! It only seems to be a problem on my pc. Other fonts like ariel are veiwed ok. Can you help?

You might be able to fix this problem by turning off the Font smoothing option in Windows. The option is in the Display area of the Control Panel.

Something else it might be is the colours in your display properties.Go to Display properties-Settings-Colors,make sure its at least 256 colors.You may have already tried this as its quite basic.

I think Hyposmurf has hit the nail on the head and that Windows font smoothing is to blame, see below:

smoothon.gif

Windows font smoothing turned on

smoothoff.gif

Windows font smoothing turned off

Although TTF fonts look OK in both states, the AutoCAD SHX fonts almost fade out with font smoothing turned on.

• 1 year later...
Guest waicool

In autocad 2004, i cant see text in the window of the text editor. i know it is there because i ran the list command and saw the text there.

i tried everything in these posts and finally realized the font file might be corrupt. I copied the font file from a backup drive and replaced the font file located in the program files section of my pc.

Replacing the font file solved the problem. I can now see text in the window of the text editor.

• 4 years later...

Man I love this forum.

That text thing's been bugging me forever. I was trying to find something inside Autocad to fix it. But it was Window' fault all along!

Damn Microsoft.