Accuracy of creating angled lines

This may seem petty but we have a requirement for creating VERY accurate Autocad Drawings, as such we have an issue with the inaccurate creation of angled lines in model space.

i.e.

a 40mm long line at 84°

using line @ 40

However, when measuring with the enquiry angle measurement tool the angle returned can be 84.00000006 (see attached PDF)

When drawn again it will return different angles

is this the measuring tool or is this just a limitation of autocad

can anyone spread light on this?

line.pdf

Hi rkent thanks for your reply - that depends on what's considered a long distance?

We may be 50metres from 0,0 or right on top of it this issue doesn't seem to be efected by this.

I think that you are finding a few of the built in limitations of the personal some computer. Was mention on a Los Angeles based radio program years ago, as of what computers to "Avoid" as their CPU was not up to the challange of computing to such accuracy very quick. As announcer mentioned "Avoid these computers if loading up Autocad" but was OK for 99.8% of other uses such as pictures. Must be some sort of a differential then for picture loading.

Wm.

Hi rkent thanks for your reply - that depends on what's considered a long distance?

We may be 50metres from 0,0 or right on top of it this issue doesn't seem to be efected by this.

I was talking about hundreds or thousands of miles from 0,0. 50 metres shouldn't cause this error.

You are drawing both lines from scratch right and not copying and pasting, etc.?

I have yet to see the problem you are reporting but there are so many variables to deal with, OS, CPU, AutoCAD bugs, etc.