Defining New Border Problem

vertical horizons

I am attempting to create a new border & title block to look like our 2D Cad border & title block.

I open an .IDW, and delete the old border and title block.

Then right click on Borders, and select Define New Border.

Then I paste one of our 2D AutoCAD borders & title blocks into the .IDW.

Everything looks OK, until I save the new border.

IV asks me to name the new border, so I assign a new name.

But, as soon as I click on the OK tab, my new border is gone.

If I right click on the new name of the border on the left column, and select EDIT, I can see the new border. But, as soon as I select SAVE BORDER, I can not see the new border again.

I know that you can build a new border from scratch, but by pasting our 2D border into the .IDW, I get our logo and all of the text to come in, looking like the 2D drawings.

You have done a "save" or "store" of the border, but now you need to "insert" the new border into the drawing sheet you are working on. In the browser bar, under borders, select your newly named border, click the right mouse button and select "Insert". You should now see the border in the sheet. You could insert a different "saved" border on other sheets within the drawing file if needed.

Since my last post, I have been experimenting with the EDIT border & EDIT title blocks commands.

Now, if I can just figure out how to remove the arrows, numbers & letters that appear on the outside of the IV border. :roll: