changing design of hatch

thorobred

How did you not notice that? :?

When you clicked on what you thought was a hatch, it was actually just a single line, and Autocad told you it was a polyline. Didn't that give you a clue? :unsure:

well the reason I didnt know is because I'm still a beginner at autocad, I'm still trying to grasp the basics

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thorobred

• Cad64

• alanjt

• dbroada

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes.

You don't have that much in your drawing, and you can window select most of them.

It will only take a minute to select, delete and hatch.

well I only gave you like 40% of the drawing and it was hard enough trying to separate each section with a certain color pattern since it was overlapping into other areas.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Even if your drawing is 60% bigger than what you posted, it's still not that much work. If you want editable hatches, then you will have to do as I suggested and delete the lines and create new hatches.

Try using the QSELECT command to select the polylines you want to delete.

Or use the LAYISO command to isolate the layers that the polylines are on so you can select them easier.

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Even if your drawing is 60% bigger than what you posted, it's still not that much work. If you want editable hatches, then you will have to do as I suggested and delete the lines and create new hatches.

Try using the QSELECT command to select the polylines you want to delete.

Or use the LAYISO command to isolate the layers that the polylines are on so you can select them easier.

well last time I tried to create a hatch it came out totally messed up.....

well the reason I didnt know is because I'm still a beginner at autocad, I'm still trying to grasp the basics

I would really recommend getting yourself a book or enroll in a class then.

I've been looking online for some books on autocad but I want to get my money's worth, do you know of a particular book that you or someone has read related to autocad that was really good??

• 2 weeks later...