Use of Coordinate Filters in 3D

dreamer

Hi

I try put a sphere in the middle of the box using filters. Followed every step of the example in Help many times.

filters in 3d.jpg

Every time the resulted sphere is in different places except in the middle of the box. :x

xy filter.jpg

It doesn't work either. What I can't understand also is every attempt the sphere is in different location.

It does sound like something is amiss with your setup. The only factor that I can think of is the OSNAPZ system variable, but that shouldn’t give any of the positions shown in your image.

Are you saying that different positions are returned with picks in the exact same relative order?

Seant, thank you for your helping posts.

I've found the cause of the trouble now - the DUCS was on.

That makes sense. It also makes sense that I would not have guessed that. I tried DUCS briefly, but found it too irritating to give it a second chance.

But it is a very useful feature when doing 3d modeling, particularly when you have to work on different UCS planes.

It is an issue of familiarity. I never determined how it set the origin for the new UCS, though I suppose that may become predictable with extended use. I still prefer to set the UCS with explicit origin via the 3PT option of the standard UCS command (its part of my default shortcut menu).

Perhaps, now that the issue has resurfaced, I’ll give it another try. It is not good news, though, that it interferes with coordinate filters.