Editting F3 shortcut function key

Trickworm

I am using AutoCad 2008. I was setting my function keys to my favorite shortcuts. Somehow my F3 button messed up. When I hit F3 I get the Osnap setting dialong box, with all of the Osnap setting options. I want F3 to toggle Osnap on/off. Can someone help me fix this setting. What would be the correct command to type in the setting box? Thanks, Steve

^P'_.osmode $M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(-,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(+,$(getvar,osmode),16384))

^P'_.osmode $M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(-,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(+,$(getvar,osmode),16384))

I am new to this, Rkent. I do not know what to do with this string you have typed

Steve

You may only need to find where you defined F3 and remove the F3 for that current shortcut as Osnaps are assigned to F3 already.

Or simply use Ctrl+F3 now. or...

I assume you were in the CUI, picked Keyboard Shortcuts, Temporary Override Keys, Toggles Object Snap Mode. On the lower right you will see a Properties window, and in there is a Macro 1, pick to the right of that and paste

in there. Hit OK a few times to exit CUI, save if asked.

I am on 2011 and 2008 may not have the temporary override keys section.

If not go to the Keyboard Shortcuts, the find Osnap Override in the list of commands below. They keep changing the name with each release, sometimes its Osnap.. and other times its Snap.... Then drag that up to the Shortcut Key section, select it, move to the right side to add the macro

Thanks rkent...your fix was perfect

You may only need to find where you defined F3 and remove the F3 for that current shortcut as Osnaps are assigned to F3 already.

Or simply use Ctrl+F3 now. or...

I assume you were in the CUI, picked Keyboard Shortcuts, Temporary Override Keys, Toggles Object Snap Mode. On the lower right you will see a Properties window, and in there is a Macro 1, pick to the right of that and paste

in there. Hit OK a few times to exit CUI, save if asked.

I am on 2011 and 2008 may not have the temporary override keys section.

If not go to the Keyboard Shortcuts, the find Osnap Override in the list of commands below. They keep changing the name with each release, sometimes its Osnap.. and other times its Snap.... Then drag that up to the Shortcut Key section, select it, move to the right side to add the macro