how do you save autoCAD into a JPeg?

grouch032

I'm trying to save it into a jpeg or something i can see in a preview screen without having to print. I'm trying to put it into a portfolio or indesign, but i only have indesign on my mac. what should i do?

- alex

On printer list you have a virtual printer named "PublishToWeb JPG" that you can use to generate JPG images of your drawings.

Regards,

it doesn't save it as a jpeg, but a bmp. and then when i go to my mac side on my computer the preview doesn't allow it to show up. how do i save it as a jpeg so i can view it on any computer without have to make a webpage?

-alex

it doesn't save it as a jpeg, but a bmp. and then when i go to my mac side on my computer the preview doesn't allow it to show up. how do i save it as a jpeg so i can view it on any computer without have to make a webpage?

-alex

That's strange, I just tried it on my PC (with r2008 ) and it works just fine. In fact it did not even give an option for bmp. I guess you could always plot to a PDF and then open in Adobe and save as a jpg from there but it really should plot to a jpg.

Hi,

In this case, you can create a new raster plotter

File/Plotter manager/Add-A-Plotter Wizard

step 1 - next

step 2 - my computer

step 3 - Manufacturers --> Raster File Formats

Models --> Independent JPEG Group JIFF

step 4 - next

step 5 - Plot to file

Step 6 - give a new name or not

Step 7 - finish

Bye