how do you export as a pdf?

grouch032

i'm working with autocad 2008 and i can't seem to find the option in the export setting to change the file into a pdf file so i can use it as a picture. what am i doing wrong?

-alex

Do you have cutePDF writer as an option in your plot tool? If not, I believe there's a free download. You can google it. I'm not sure how to install it though. Somebody else here I'm sure knows. It's a very good tool for PDF's and it's cheaper than Adobe Writer. It works like plotting your drawing. Simple.

well what's the way to do it with adobe... because i have that and it's easier for me?

I'm not sure how to do it with Adobe Writer, I only have the reader. I make PDF's with cutePDF Writer in my plot tool. I'm sure someone here will answer your Adobe Writer question as long as you already have it. I think it's similar to plotting, but I don't know how to set it up to work with your plot tool.

Please don't post multiple threads asking the same question.

I have merged your two threads.

Just open your plot dialog and choose the pdf writer that you already have installed. Or use the built-in Autocad DWG to PDF plotter.

Untitled-1.jpg

I use the AutoCAD PDF printer. Just PLOT your drawing and select either the DWG>PDF or CutePDF printer and you will get a PDF file.

i don't have the pdf printer installed... where could i get it

Of course you do. The Autocad "DWG to PDF" print option is one of the standard options available in the plot dialog.

If you want CutePDF, just Google it, download and install. It's free.

Hi I mostly use Primo or Bullzip to write my pdf's. Both are freeware.

Here is a question though that has been bugging me for a while, maybe someone could help me sort it out, I have had some issues with the built in dwg to pdf writer, the text becomes bold and bulky and hard to read if I use dwg to pdf, but such issues do not exist with Primo or Bullzip writers, are there some settings that need to be adjusted for the default writer to work properly?

Of course you do. The Autocad "DWG to PDF" print option is one of the standard options available in the plot dialog.

Cad64, I use cutePDF Writer all the time, but I just realized the DWG to PDF and tried it. It seems faster than the cute PDF Writer.

Thanks a lot.

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...